"This girl shivers and crawls under the covers with all her clothes on and falls into an overdue library book, a faerie story with rats and marrow and burning curses. The sentances build a fence around her, a Times Roman 10-point baracade, to keep the thorny voices in her head from getting too close."

Monday, April 25, 2011

0h! shoes.







i love my mom.
i mean, i have always loved my mom. obviously.
but on sunday...she really went out of her way to spoil me.
i needed a new pair of shoes.
sneakers.
a pair that wouldn't break after a month of wearing them.
a pair that wouldn't let my toes catch a cold after being soaked with rain.
SO.
i found a really awesome pair of C1rca...
which were to my dismay...a price that would take me months to save up for.
however, my mom said she would lend me the money and i could go buy them:D
so i did.
but the best part was...after i bought them she said i didn't owe her anything.
and i got a text message saying: "you are worth so much more and you are very precious to me" after i sent her one saying "THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU" :p

so this post goes out to my mom.

thanks mom...i feel awesome when i put on my new shoes.
like a little kid again:)


[myshoes. hehe. matching beanie from the wonderful bearded one]


2 comments:

  1. So lovely!!! I love getting texts like that from my mum. Reminds you to be thankful for them, after arguments and all...:)
    hope you're well!!
    Tori xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome!!

    I know this is so spammy of me and I'm embarrassed to ask, but would
    you mind voting for me on the Body Shop Reviewer competition? I got
    into the top 10 and would so love to win! Thanks so much :)
    Love Mich xx
    ps the link is http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Body-Shop-South-Africa/158468037513580
    just go onto the Reviewer Competition link and vote for me :) thank
    you thank thank you xx

    ReplyDelete